- Supplier Opportunities
Health and Safety
BAM Nuttall, Ferrovial Agroman and Kier Construction are committed to the highest standards of health, safety and welfare. As a fully integrated joint venture for Crossrail, BFK will embrace the combined best Health and Safety practices from the parent companies including policy, procedures, training and initiatives.
The parent company Safety, Health & Environmental Management Systems are registered to both BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and BS EN ISO 14001:2004 requirements. This registration is maintained through an annual programme of audits provided by the British Standards Institution (BSI).
We run a number of safety awareness schemes including "Beyond Zero" "LIFE" and "Target Zero". We also run Behavioural Safety Programmes such as "Safe & Unsafe Acts" and "Don't Walk By" to identify 'at risk' behaviour and to prevent injuries.
We believe that all injuries are preventable and our vision is to foster a work environment where everyone feels and demonstrates responsibility for their own health & safety behaviour and that of others.
We also believe that long term occupational health issues are preventable and through improved awareness, education, risk control and surveillance we can all enjoy good health, in the workplace and at home.
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
We operate a strict Drugs & Alcohol Policy, the purpose of which is to:
- Ensure employees and others do not report to work or carry out work under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Encourage those who may need help or support for drug or alcohol problems to seek assistance and advice
- Ensure both the company and its employees exercise and comply with their duty of care responsibilities
Introduce a drugs and alcohol screening process to:
- Instigate unannounced testing of the workforce to detect drugs/alcohol where there are grounds to suspect that an employee or contractor is unfit through drugs/alcohol
- Undertake unannounced random sampling testing of the workforce. Testing may also be undertaken following an accident or incident, or for pre-employment.